Ephraim Shores is one of the closest places to stay near Wilson’s Ice Cream
In addition to many return guests, Ephraim Shores Resort — and Door County — will have many newcomers visiting this year. For those not from Wisconsin, you might not know that June is National Dairy Month. In the Dairy State, that is pretty important.
What better way to recognize Dairy Month than by eating dairy products? So as you make your summer plans, what would be more convenient than booking a room at one of the places to stay near Wilson’s Ice Cream? Here are a few of our favorite ways to support America’s Dairyland.
Get the scoop on ice cream (and places to stay near Wilson’s Ice Cream!)
- Wilson’s Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlor — Who doesn’t love ice cream and Wilson’s is the best! Ephraim Shores is one of the closest places to stay near Wilson’s Ice Cream, just steps away, in fact!
- Not Licked Yet — This Fish Creek spot is known for excellent custard, delicious burgers and sandwiches, and friendly staff. And if you’re planning to do some biking in Door County, it’s close to Peninsula State Park.
- Door County Ice Cream Factory & Sandwich Shop — This Sister Bay favorite always has 30+ ice cream flavors to choose from as well as a variety of sundaes.
Stock up on handcrafted cheese
- Renard’s Artisan Cheese — Stop on the way to or from Ephraim for authentic, handcrafted Wisconsin cheese, including fresh cheese curds!
- Wisconsin Cheese Masters and Harbor Ridge Winery — Looking for a “cheese wonderland?” This is it. Be sure to visit the winery next door. What goes better with cheese than wine?
- Door County Creamery — This place has it all: goat cheese, great sandwiches, gifts and gelato. They also have farm tours during the summer and fall months.
Dine at a dairy-focused restaurant
- Trixie’s — Located near us on Pioneer Lane, Trixie’s serves dishes with locally-sourced cheese, produce, and meats.
- Wild Tomato — Plenty of pizza and fried cheese curds at this Door County favorite. Try their “Green & Gold” pizza with cheese curds on top!
- Husby’s Food & Spirits — Renard’s cheese curds and phenomenal cheeseburgers are just a few dairy-focused foods on Husby’s menu.
With all of the great ways to support National Dairy Month by enjoying Wisconsin dairy products in Door County, we think it’s time to book your June stay with us. Ice cream is pretty important to us — and our guests — at Ephraim Shores Resort, so it bears repeating that we’re one of the best places to stay near Wilson’s Ice Cream!
Ephraim Shores Resort: A waterfront Door County resort for the whole family
Located in downtown Ephraim, with a private sundeck overlooking Eagle Harbor, Ephraim Shores Resort is the family-friendly resort for groups of all sizes. From our many room types to our beautiful waterfront location, Ephraim Shores has everything your family needs for the perfect vacation. Some of our amenities include an indoor pool and hot tub, and bikes for our guests to use. Contact us at 877-854-2371 or visit our website at ephraimshores.com to make your reservation.