Ephraim Shores Resort Ideal Lodging for Exploring Area on Two Wheels
Biking in Door County is growing in popularity and why not? With miles of quiet, country roads and lots of beautiful scenery, the area has much to offer to bikers. Whether you plan to stay for a weekend or a full week, Ephraim Shores Resort is your ideal vacation headquarters. If you do not have your own bike, Ephraim Shores has bikes for guests to use. It is a great way to travel around and see what the area has to offer. Before heading to Door County to bike, preparation is essential.
10 things to do for biking in Door County before leaving home:
- Check over your bike. If you have not used your bike in a while, take it in for a tune-up and don’t forget to check the air in your tires.
- Invest in a good water bottle. It is essential to stay hydrated when exercising outdoors.
- Get the right bike accessories, including a cage for your water bottle, a well-fitting helmet and either a pack for your bike or back to include additional supplies you may need.
- Pack the right clothes, including a pair or two of biking shorts if you plan to be riding a lot. The shorts have extra padding where you need it to prevent soreness from sitting on the bike seat for a couple of hours. As for your other clothing, wear sweat-wicking fabric layers to keep you cool.
- Grab the sunscreen. Load up on plenty of sunscreen to protect your skin while outside (even on cloudy days).
- Take some bug spray. When you are out in nature, there are bound to be some bugs so it is good to be prepared.
- Grab a map and plan your route. There are many bike trails in Door County, including those in Peninsula Park, and there are miles and miles of roads to explore.
- Bring along comfortable shoes. Door County is made for walking so include comfortable shoes to don while shopping or checking out the county’s many art galleries.
- Pack your swimsuit. Ephraim Shores’ indoor pool and hot tub are a great place to relax after a day on the bike or other activities.
- Take a good book or your favorite magazine. Door County is a wonderful place to relax, put your feet up and read.
When you are finished biking in Door County, head back to your comfortable accommodations at Ephraim Shores Resort. Overlooking Eagle Harbor, the resort offers a variety of comfortable rooms, from those designed for two with a whirlpool to two bedroom suites that include a full kitchen and living area. Ephraim Shores has multiple amenities, including an indoor pool and hot tub, and an exercise room. You can also sit on our private sundeck and watch one of the area’s famous sunsets.
Ephraim Shores Resort, the best waterfront lodging in Door County, has what you need to relax. Whether you are planning a weekend of biking in Door County or a week full of different activities, Ephraim Shores provides well-appointed rooms and amenities to make your stay memorable. Contact us at 877-854-2371 or visit our website at ephraimshores.com to make your reservation.